Phillip Engen, MD is a board certified anesthesiologist (ABA) and a Diplomate of the American Board of Pain Medicine (DABPM). He specializes in interventional pain management and is the Director of pain management for Exempla Lutheran Medical Center.
Dr. Engen believes in the patient's need to understand and be in strong agreement with their treatment plan, and will provide a true sense of hope as he delivers his portion of care in their pursuit of wellness.
At Clear Creek Surgery Center Dr. Engen provides fluoroscopically guided interlaminar and transforaminal epidural steroid injections, facet injections, hip injections and sacroiliac joint injections.
Patients please read and follow these instructions if you are scheduled for an injection with Dr. Engen:
1. If you are currently taking:
- Lovenox Normiflo
Please notify the prescribing doctor of your procedure date and ask how many days you need to be off the medication prior to having any procedure. If you are not able to discontinue the blood thinner you must notify our office as soon as possible.
2. Prior to an injection or block you must please:
- Discontinue any anti-inflammatory products 72 hours prior to your procedure. These products include:
- Discontinue for ten days any over the counter or prescription aspirin products such as:
- Discontinue for one week any of the following supplements:
3. On the morning of your procedure please check in ½ hour early at the main entrance of Clear Creek Surgery Center - 7809 W 38th Ave.
4. Please do not eat anything solid for at least 8 hours prior and please do not drink any liquids 2 hours prior to your injection.
5. Please take all other medications with small sips of water (except do not take diabetic medication).
6. If you plan to have sedation you must have a responsible adult drive you home.